Friday, February 17, 2017

Letter of Service Recovery

Dear Mr Bennert,

Please allow me an opportunity to introduce myself; my name is Huiting and I am the Director of Rooms Division at the Kariting Hotel, Singapore. My Guest service team has advised me of the service you received during your stay with us; first and foremost I want to sincerely apologise for this.

We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and especially to valuable guest such as yourself. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your basic expectation this time round.

Regarding your breakfast arrangement, we have checked with Ag0da and clarified that your booking does not include any breakfast. For further clarification, please feel free to contact Ms Shu Fang from Ag0da reservations team at shufang@ag0da.com.

I certainly hope this would not deter you from giving us another opportunity to prove that your experience was an exception rather than the rule and look forward to having the opportunity to regain your confidence level. Please contact my Front Office Manager, Mr Darren Seah at fom@karitinghotel.com should your travelling plan brings you back to Singapore and he will personally look after your booking.

Yours sincerely,

Hui Ting

Director of Rooms Division

Kariting Hotel, Singapore

[189 words]

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hui Ting,

    Your letter was very personalised and I would be assured of good service if I was the guest returning.

    Some minor improvements to the letter can be made:
    -->Please allow me (to introduce myself)...
    --> My Guest service team has advised me of the service you received during your stay with us; first and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for this.
    We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and especially to valuable guest such as yourself. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your basic expectation this time round.
    (this could be more concise e.g. We strive to provide the best service to all our valuable guests and I sincerely apologise for the unsatisfactory service you received during your stay with us.)
    -->your experience was an exception rather than (the) rule..
    -->to regain your (confidence).
    -->should your traveling plan(s) (bring) you back to Singapore and he will personally look after your booking. (may not be good to overpromise, what if Mr Darren is not available or forgets about this issue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Russell,

    Thank you for your kind feedback and i really appreciate all your comments.

    I will take note of all these information.

    Once again, thank you and have a great day ahead! :)

    Cheers,
    Huiting

    ReplyDelete